Most of us have played games on a games console at some time or other be it a handheld console or otherwise. One of the most popular is the Gameboy from Nintendo, offering some fantastic games, like Pokémon, Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda, and Final Fantasy, to name just a few. Sadly, the iPhone and the iPad have not been designed in a way that allows us to play these games on them, but jailbreaking came to the rescue. Through Emu4iOS app , we could download emulators which gave us the tools we needed to play the console games on our devices . GBA4iOS is a Gameboy Emulator that has just been made available without a jailbreak.
Image : GBA4iOS App
What is GBA4iOS ?
GBA4iOS is, without a doubt, the most popular of the games emulators. Developed by Riley Testut for iOS, it used to be available in the app store but, with iOS 8, Apple patched the exploit that was being used. Following an intense period of redevelopment, GBA4iOS has now been rebuilt, using many of the iOS SDK tools, to provide a top quality smooth console experience on a mobile device.
With GBA4iOS, you can play all manner of GBA, GB and GBC games on your iOS device and you don’t need to jailbreak to get it either. The latest version is proving to be very popular indeed, boasting well over 10 million downloads and including some pretty cool features, such as:
GBA4iOS Features :
- GBA4iOS is very simple to download
- It’s a user-friendly app
- You don’t need to jailbreak
- GBA4iOS works on all iOS devices, from iOS 7 to iOS 11
- It has been specially optimized for iPad users
- Easy syncing with your Dropbox account
- Support for Wireless Linking
- Support for Airplay
- All manner of cheat codes is supported
- Multiple GBA/GBC skins and some custom controller skins included too
- Has a new app icon logo
- Gets regular software updates
- Has a browser built into it
- Includes several Save states
- Set up controller vibration
- Event distribution
- Sustain button
- URL scheme support
- Has support for external iOS 7 controllers
- Fast Forward
- Access to thousands of GBA, GBC, and GB games
- Loads more near features
GBA4iOS is probably one of the few emulators that offers a near-perfect console experience on your iPhone or iPad. Because of the integration with the SDK tools, GBA4iOS can offer way more than most emulators and, with no need to jailbreak, millions of people can tat enjoying it today.
How to Download GBA4iOS :
Now comes the tricky bit. Although you don’t need to jailbreak to get GBA4iOS, you can’t get it from the app store anymore. So, how do you download it ?
- GBA4iOS has an official page , https://gba4ios.app , download from there.
You can also download another emulator called Delta Emulator, which is actually a newer and more updated version of GBA4iOS. Delta Emulator allows you to download GBA4iOS, along with other Nintendo emulators and it is in the process of being updated with support for different consoles. Delta Emulator offers the same kind of features as GBA4iOS and is also compatible with all iOS devices from iOS 7 to iOS 11. Here’s how to download it:
- Using the guide at the link, download Delta Emulator onto your iPhone or iPad
- Open it and use the built-in search facility to find GBA4iOS
- Tap the relevant result and follow any on-screen instructions
- Once the installation has completed, you can start using GBA4iOS
How to Fix GBA4iOS Errors :
There are two errors that you could come across with GBA4iOS and both revolve around the app certificate. The first will show up in the form of an Unknown Source error , this is Apple telling you that they do not know the source and won’t let the app run. Fixing this is easy:
- On your iOS device, open Settings > General > Profile & Device Management
- Find the certificate for GBA4iOS and tap on it
- Now tap the Trust button and close settings
- GBA4iOS will now work.
The second error is also easy to fix. When you install GBA4iOS, because it is not an app store app, Apple doesn’t consider the certificate to be genuine. Because of that, they will revoke it and the app will crash. Rather than having to keep reinstalling every few days, simply install Anti Revoke VPN Tool after you install GBA4iOS. It will protect the certificate and save you having to keep reinstalling it. Find out how to download Anti Revoke [ext link] at the link.
See what you think of GBA4iOS and tell us if you managed to play your favorite games. Follow us on Facebook for more news and tips.