We now know that GB4iOS, the popular emulator app, is dead. It was patched with the release of iOS 8.1 and, although the developer struggled on, finding new ways for us to download it, he has finally conceded defeat and ended it. However, all is not lost because he has come up with a new app called Delta Emulator [ about ]. It does exactly the same in allowing us to download emulators to play our favorite console games but it will emulate more consoles than its predecessor did. Right now, Delta is in a closed beta program, undergoing testing, before it can be released for public use but we shouldn’t have to wait too long before it is.
Image : Beta Release of Delta Emulator
There is one way that you can download the beta version of Delta Emulator onto your iOS device but, because it is a closed beta program we cannot guarantee that this is going to work for everyone. Nevertheless, it will not do your device any harm to try the following steps; if it doesn’t work you can easily delete it.
Compatible Devices :
Delta emulator will work on the following devices on iOS 8 to iOS 10
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3
- iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPad Pro – both models
- iPod Touch 5th and 6th Generations
How to Download Delta Emulator :
- Launch the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad [ no other browser will work ]
- Go to deltaemulator.org
- When the page has loaded, look for the UP arrow [ top or bottom of the page ] and tap on it
- Choose Add to Home Screen from the list of options
- Type Delta in when you are asked to name the icon . Then tap on Add and wait for the app icon to be added
- Close down Safari and you will see the beta Delta Emulator app on your home screen
Video: watch this video to see these steps
Useful Links :
Are you looking forward to trying Delta Emulator ? Many users will be pleased that they can now download and play their favorite console games on their iOS devices again, especially in the absence of a jailbreak for iOS 10.
Let us know if it worked for you and what you think of Delta Emulator. For more up to date tips and tutorials like this one, follow us on Facebook ; we’ll send the updates straight to your inbox.